These 3 chapters of Ecclesiastes hold some oft forgotten wisdom along with a few popular quotes. My favorite quote from Ecclesiastes is found in chapter 9, verse 11: "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." Introduction Solomon's words in Ecclesiastes 8-10 contain nuggets of wisdom that are repeated even in the secular world today. From reminding us not to be idle and to focus on our own race, to discussions on leadership and how we carry ourselves, Solomon gives us more to think about than I could ever summarize. Below are just a few take-a-ways I had while enjoying these chapters. Top Keeping the Commandments Solomon tells us that whosoever keeps the commandments will not feel evil things. Our brain can be trained by our thoughts and actions (if y...
Comments
Post a Comment